There is no doubt – in the new era of globalization and cross-cultural communication, the good knowledge of English language is a must.
English is the most spoken language in the world, being largely used in diplomacy, business, tourism, education, science, hi-tech etc. Spoken in 53 countries of the world, English is the international language of communication, used by hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
Speaking fluently English language has not longer been an added value, but a norm, which impacts all aspects of our life.
These imperatives make modern parents to be highly concerned about teaching English to their kids at the very young age, for more consistent and enjoyable results in the future.
But is learning English as early as possible so crucial?
Recent studies and facts show that learning foreign languages to kids since the first years of life have a tremendous impact on their language mastering skills.
Here are some of the benefits your children will enjoy if you start exposing them to the world of English at the times they just start speaking and understanding:
• The greatest advantage of learning English before the age of 10 is the opportunity of being accent-free, thus – close to the native speakers. As we get older, it is much harder to master a foreign language with a native-like pronunciation.
• Kids acquire languages naturally and unconsciously, by copying the adults.
• Learning at a young age is funny and entertaining. Children do not bother themselves with grammar and rules; they do not have fear of mistakes, thus, they confidently express new words and phrases.
• At this age, children learn languages through play-like developmental activities: songs, stories, plays, nursery rhymes. Learning is equal to joy, thus being much more efficient.
• Children soak languages like a soak, their brains are in the developing stage, and all they learn at the very first years of life is effortless, easy and long-lasting. The older we get, the slower are our reflexes and the harder efforts we need to learn new tasks.
• Besides the linguistic benefits, children acquire as well a set of important psychological benefits: additional languages make them smarter, sociable, improves their critical thinking skills, flexibility of the mind.
• When children are exposed to foreign languages from young age, they develop empathy, curiosity for other cultures and get ready to easily integrate in foreign countries and feel comfortable wherever they are.
• Learning the largest world language – English – from the earliest age of life will create a solid base for your kids to have increased educational and job opportunities.
Nowadays there are plenty of methods and ways to make English teaching funny and enticing for kids, but don’t push them too hard – learning at this age should be pleasant and encouraging.
We hope these copious arguments will boost your motivation to make your kids start learning English and culture as earlier as possible to further enjoy the best opportunities they might have in life.